Skip to main content
(404) 644-1946

Carbon Monoxide Detector Safety and Importance

Carbon Monoxide Detector Safety

Carbon Monoxide is an odorless colorless gas that builds in your blood stream and if CO goes undetected can cause death. The gas is slightly lighter than air and diffuses throughout a room which has the potential to create a deadly situation. Carbon Monoxide detectors need to be located close to the ceiling to detect any issues.

According to the CDC, “430 people die in the from accidental CO poisoning. Approximately 50,000 people in the U.S. visit the emergency department each year due to accidental CO poisoning.”

How can you prevent your family from becoming a statistic? Pay attention to stoves, charcoal grills, lanterns and portable generators by keeping them out of completely enclosed spaces. If the power goes out in your home due to a storm, be sure to check to see if your detectors are properly working as gas can build up. Power outages are a large issue when it comes to CO poisoning which is why we recommend battery operated detectors as opposed to detectors that plug into the wall.

Every house with gas must have a carbon monoxide detector in every bedroom. We also recommend having one in any of the main common areas of your home or business. Battery operated Carbon Monoxide detectors need to be replaced and tested every six months or twice a year.

For the month of January, Engineered Comfort Specialist will replace all smoke detectors and batteries in your CO detectors when you renew or sign up for a preventative maintenance agreement for your home or business.

Call us today to schedule your appointment at 404-644-1964 or complete our online request form.


Monday: 7:30AM–5:00PM

Tuesday: 7:30AM–5:00PM

Wednesday: 7:30AM–5:00PM

Thursday: 7:30AM–5:00PM

Friday: 7:30AM–5:00PM

24-Hour On-Call Technicians Available

Fill out my online form.

Call Us Now!

(404) 644-1946